Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jacket - Update


Today I started to cut out my jacket in final fabric. At the beginning I was optimistic about the colour change (from blue to purple) but 12 hours of staring at it has driven me crazy - it now looks like carpet to me and I can't wait to breathe fresh air away from it - it even Smells purple!

The lining pattern was printed parallel to the selvage. It was also available printed at a 90 degree angle, meaning that the patten had a stop and start point at every metre. (almost like a portrait and landscape option on fabric) This may have been a better option as to get the printed pattern facing the correct way for my pattern piece I had to line the straight grain up at a 90 degree angle so the grain runs horizontally rather than vertically. 




Just need to put he should pads in and sew the lining in tomorrow and I'm done. Photoshoot time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like an ace jacket.. bee good to see it modelled on a nice photoshoot..

Unknown said...

Wow HONEY!!! that looks incredible! You're such a pro! I REALLY like the choice of purple material-it's very fititng! You're great xXxX